BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 29, 2011

~I'M BACK!.....PLUS A QUICK UPDATE~



Hello ladies!

I hope everyone has been well since my last post. As for myself all is well I had a great Ramadan. Which was exactly what I needed :)).

While away , I realized that I ( once again ) may be getting a little bored with the whole blogging thing. It's great to do from time to time. I think I much enjoy reading other natural hair blogs , rather than posting on my own (lol) So my plans here on out is to cut back on my posting. I will continue to post, but not as often as before my break. I'm just at a different place in my life right now, and my interest has since shifted a bit. Don't get me wrong I am still on and enjoying every minute of my Natural hair Journey.

I have also started running daily, and have been quite serious about it. I have lost 12 pounds thus far...I am so excited about that.  I feel great when I run, the air...nature..I love it!. In addition, to that I have totally cut out sugar...no more soda's...no more cakes, cookies and candy.  I feel so much better without the use of sugar. I was such a sugar buff, I had to have my sodas, and cookies, and cakes. And, with all of that came....WEIGHT!.  Now, when I get those cravings I reach for fresh fruit instead.

 I have also made the decision to put my children back into the school system this year. After being homeschooled for 3 years.  As some of you ladies know I am very ...very...very involved my my children's Education in each and every way.  For a while I had been scouting out a particular school in my area in which I wanted to have them attend.  I believe it's time..... they are older now, I feel confident in where they are in their studies. I applied and thankfully all 5 of them were accepted....They are excited , just as I am. They will continue to have religious studies at home. I will continue to be fully involved as I always have been. I plan to be a part of the PTA, along with any and all parent involvement that the school may  offer. 

  It's now my turn...... I have decided to go back to school ! ( yay!) I am sooooo excited! Although , I am not completely sure which field I want to go in. I have however narrowed down my choices to either, Early childhood development...medical field... or social work.  But one thing is for certain ...I want to be in a field in which I am helping people. I am a people person, and that's where I want to be. I hope to be in school myself at least by the end of the year, no later but hopefully before ( godwilling). I will be sure to keep you guys posted.

I am waiting a bit , simply because it's been a few years since, My 3 middle children have been in the school system, and the very first time for my youngest ( 6 yr old). I want to make sure they are adapting well, and are well on their way to a great and successful school year ( in which I'm sure they will do well).

NOW ONTO MY UPDATE ON THE GREEN HOUSE EFFECT METHOD:

Before leaving I shared a method I found out about over at the real queens.com a method originated by Meeka Jael in which you can find out more about here http://realqueens.ning.com/profile/MeekaJael967
Let me just tell you ladies, I started my own personal challenge using this method on July 23, 2011 and plan to complete it on October 23, 2011. Since staring this method I have seen great progress. My hair has been growing...my hair is always well hydrated ...and the ends of hair has never been smoother, No split ends , what so ever.

I am in love with this method. A lot of ladies compare this method to bagging, my hair has never felt this great when I bagged....OK! (lol). Once this challenge is over , I plan to continue with this method making it a permanent part of my regimen.  If you haven't looked into the green house effect I highly recommend you do so.  I don't even feel That I have to steam as often, since incorporating this method into my regimen ( I do still steam once a week) but I must say its not , a total must that I do so. I do make sure to do light protein treatments bi-weekly to make sure I have that moisture protein balance, and its working ....WONDERFULLY!

So there you have it!...all that I have been up to lately. What about you ladies, anything new?


As Always thanks a bunch for stopping by, and remember to stay ...Naturally Fabulous!

TAKE CARE!:))


16 comments:

Coilybella said...

Wow! I wish u all the best. You sound just like me. I work in the social work field ( Runaway and Homeless Youth) and I am seriously burned out. I have taken interest in early childhood education as well. That's my next career goal.
I am sure your children will adjust well in the school system. You are a great mother and I have no doubt that your children will do great as they have a mother that deeply cares about every aspect of their lives.

As for blogging, it is a hobby, sometimes you have a high energy to blog and sometimes it gets boring. I go through the same thing. Your family and personal life are more important so I understand.

Wow, way to go with the 12pound weight loss. Doesn't it feel great when you run? That is awesome. I am excited for you.

Unknown said...

@Coilybella...Thanks!...It does feel awesome... to set goals ( running & weight lost) and see great progress.

Thanks for your support Tinuke, thanks for stopping by take care :))

ChocolateOrchid said...

Wow Zainab1! Congrats on so many things! I'm really happy for you and your family.

I totally understand where you are coming from regarding blogging. I'm sure I will take another break soon, myself. And may eventually, segueway to blogging a few times a month. Idk. It's all up in the air with me.

Congrats on the weight loss! 12 lbs is awesome. No sugar is awesome. You get it!! And on the running.

And last but not least, on your returning to school. I also plan on doing the same. Hopefully, around the same time as you. Keep me posted on it. Wishing you the best in all things!

And yes, with the results you say you're getting, you're gonna have me try that green house effect.

Take care, Luv.
{{Hugs}},
ChocolateOrchid

Unknown said...

@Chocolate Orchid...Thanks!.... I am very excitied and super grateful, with the changes in my life right now:))

Thanks for stopping by CO, take care :)0

Atiya_BK_Chick said...

Congrats on all of your accomplishments! You seem to be such an attentive mom, so i am sure that your kids will do fine in public school.

Double congrats on your weight loss and changes you've made in your health! 12 lbs is great!

Triple congrats on returning to school! I want to do the same thing , but like you haven't narrowed anything down yet. I am excited by the prospect though...

I feel you on the blogging. I only blog when I have something relevant to talk about. And I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Green House Effect! My hair is so short and I am trying to get my waves up now so I don't do it anymore but it was fabulous!

Unknown said...

@Natural black one...Thanks!, I feel great:))

Cool, so you have also tried the green house effect with great results. So glad too hear that. I really like the progress I'm having with this method.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by NBO, take care :)0

BreukelensFinest said...

glad to hear you being healthy and enjoying life! i too enjoy reading blogs more than posting buuuuut that means i like reading your posts so dont wander too far off the grid!

and great method. may have to give it a spin

missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

@Breukelens Finest...Thanks!, Lol...I wont, I plan to continue to post just not as often:))

Thanks for stopping by BF, take care :))

Unknown said...

Aww wish you could post more! But I understand what you mean by being in a different place in your life. But I will admit I love reading natural hair post too! ;)

Also thanks for your comment, Qhemet is my holy grail too!

http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

@Coily Mystic...Thanks!:)) ..I'll still be posting just not as often.

Thanks for stopping by Coily Mystic, take care

Tiffany said...

This post was full, of positivity - and made me smile. It was like a weight was lifted from u and I felt it come off u.. Congratulations and warm wishes for all the best.

Unknown said...

@Tiffany..hey there Tiffany!..Thanks:)). So glad it made you smile...smiling is great:))

Thanks for stopping by Tiffany, take care :))

Afro Fly said...

could you please clear me by sharing what exactly do YOU do ? every one told about the official video, but besides that,everyone does what they want..

Unknown said...

@Krystle - Hime...I'm not quite sure...But I believe you are talking about the link I provided, along w/ the video's on the GHE.

I simply continue with my usual regimen. Just including the GHE, nightly. That has been working out great for me!

Thanks for stopping by Krystle Hime, take care.

Safiyah said...

As Salaamu Alakium,

I will miss reading your frequent post, but I totally understand. InshaAllah you little one will have a successful and enjoyable school year. All the best to you guys. Congrats on shedding the lbs. I have lost 10 lbs recently myself, but mine was totally due to Ramadan. 10lbs is def a bit more than I would have like to lose, but I sure 5-6 lbs will return shortly.

Best wishes on beginning your academic career. InshaAllah you will do well & will be satisfied with the field that you choose.

-Safiyah

Unknown said...

@Safiyah..Wa Alaykum Salaam Ukhti!:))

So nice too hear from you, Mashaa Allaah. Thanks for the well wishes, Inshaa Allaah All will turn out well. I plan to continue to post, but not as often.

Shukran, for stopping by safiyah:))

BarkAllaahu Feeki!:))